How to Avoid Some Common Real Estate Closing Problems
Winter is a great time to set your business goals for the year, especially if you’re in the real estate business. During the slow months of winter, you can spend some time reflecting on how your business did last year and determining what you want to achieve this year.
Check out our six tried and true tips for setting and reaching your business goals.
- Set realistic goals. Doubling your sales this spring could happen but ask yourself this, is it realistic in your local real estate market? Setting impossible goals could backfire by frustrating you which could make you less likely to achieve your goals
- Set short term goals. There is no need to set goals for the entire year. Try setting goals for the quarter instead the year. A short term goal discourages procrastination.
- Write your goals down and put the list in a location that where you will see it every day. Be sure to keep it in a place where you work rather in a place where you relax.
- Have goals that include every step of your sales funnel. For example, if you have three groups in your sales funnel– potential audience, interested prospects, and actual clients–set three goals to reach each of these groups.
- Preparing to reach a larger goal IS a goal. You may need to learn how to use a particular sales tool in order to reach a goal, so learning to use that tool should be the first goal. You can’t get from A to C without stopping at B first.
- Keep track of where you are with your goals. You should acknowledge all the steps, no matter how small, when striving to reach a goal. This will keep you motivated and on task.
By: Equity National February 10, 2015 Uncategorized